Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Pumped Up
I wish I were pumped up with energy, but alas, I am pumped up in the clinical sense. I got to spend a lovely Valentine's afternoon with my plastic surgeon. Yesterday was expansion number three. At this point, I am about halfway on the expansion. It continues to get a little tougher with each expansion. The first one was a breeze. The second one was a bit uncomfortable. The third one is tight. My muscles and tissues are pressed out as far as I can possibly imagine today.

The expansion boobies (for lack of a better term) continue to appear a little high and too far apart, but I am assured that this is perfectly fine, not to worry, the final product will look and feel much more normal ( I wonder how many times he has to say this? Of course, this is at least the second time I have evoked this response). My friend, Lynne, suggested I bring a photo next time of how I would like the finished product to look. You know, like when you go to a hair salon with a photo of a new haircut. Hmmm...on second thought, my hair never turns out the same either!

The most uncomfortable part is sleeping. I tend to be a side sleeper and after a few minutes on my side, the level of discomfort tends to waken me. If I am a little crabby from lack of sleep, now you understand. It will get better shortly. This is not a complaint. Temporarily uncomfortable expanding breasts are better than cancer filled breasts any day. It is really that simple.
Written by Unknown
0 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12