Saturday, November 20, 2004
On this Day . . .
Throughout history, November 20th has been a significant day. For example, in 1789 New Jersey became the first state to ratify the Bill of Rights, in 1945 the Nuremberg trials began in Germany, in 1947 Queen Elizabeth II got married, and in 1962 President John F. Kennedy ended the Cuban missile crisis by agreeing to lift the American blockade of Cuba. Who knew this was such an important day?

Something even more significant happened on this day and I have been celebrating it all my life. Today is my sister's birthday. If there was ever a person who deserved a truly special day it is Joyce. Joyce cares so profoundly, gives so generously, and loves unconditionally. Ask anyone in my family and they will all say the same thing. Since I was diagnosed with breast cancer, she has opened her home to me anytime I needed some TLC (physically or emotionally), she has taken me to doctor appointments (she insists on it), she has given me my shots when needed, she shaved my head when my hair started falling out, she has delivered Starbucks to my office on days I've needed a boost and smoothies when the chemo made me too sick to eat. . . the list is truly endless. Nothing was ever too much to ask. I've always known how lucky I am to have her as my sister; but as someone going through cancer treatment, I am amazingly lucky to have her as my support system. I wish that especially on this day that she is showered with the same joyful love and generosity that she gives so freely to others.

Happy Birthday, Joyce! The world rejoiced the day you were born and we all give thanks for the beauty you constantly add to it. You do make this world a better place.
Written by Unknown
6 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12