Sunday, July 25, 2004
This close to a clean get away. . .
After my first surgery, the lumpectomy, I experienced complications of hematoma and infection.  I noticed the symptoms of this on the 7th day following surgery.  Luckily that is all nicely healed now and I have no worries about that any longer.  Yesterday I was thinking that this last surgery has been so different because I have healed well, felt well, hardly used any drugs to get through it, and no hematomas.  Today is the 7th day following my last surgery and I awoke with an infection around the groshong catheter.  I called the on-call doctor from the Oncology office and he was kind enough to call in a prescription and ask that I come in tomorrow morning for evaluation and flushing/cleaning of the catheter.  

What a treat to be able to call an on-call doctor who is able to electronically pull up my files from his home and see my whole medical history while he is talking to me.  The office is so "wired" and technologically advanced.  The doctor was very nice as has been everyone at the oncology office.  One would think that people working with cancer patients day in and day out would become detached and impersonal just to protect themselves.  This office is full of smiles and hugs and warm, friendly service at all levels - staff to nurses to doctors.  It takes very special people to work in this field.   

Written by Unknown
3 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12