Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Where Does the Time go?
Spring is traditionally a busy, busy, busy season for me and this year is probably the busiest yet. In my own way, I take that as a victory.

Last week I found myself preparing for a special workshop that my organization only holds every few years. Three years ago I found myself preparing for the same workshop when just days before I detected a lump in my breast. Of course it took months and several tests and procedures before I finally heard the words, “You have cancer.” But instead of being in that place, I find myself with the strength and energy to handle what feels like an even more demanding schedule.

Honestly I believe it has taken me two years to shake the effects of cancer and its treatment and adjust to a new reality in my life. The most difficult part has not been how I feel personally, but how I internalize and feel about the people I have come to truly care for who are experiencing much greater struggles with cancer and recurrences. My heart aches for them. I can feel their fear. I know what goes through their mind. There is nothing I can do to help them or make it better for them or take away their fear. And I can’t do anything to take away my own fear. Somehow, or rather by the grace of God, I move forward each day trying to grab as much life as I can.

Each day I am grateful for my health and the blessings in my life. And each day I also remember others who continue to fight. I am asking that you do the same. I need all your good thoughts, healing energy, prayers, mojo, or whatever you call it to be directed at Lori and her husband Cary. Lori is an amazingly strong warrior who needs strength from everywhere she can get it to keep fighting. If you are reading this, Lori, I am dedicating my Relay laps to you. I’ll be there 24 hours and I’ll be carrying you with me in spirit.

Never take a day or any moment of any day for granted. Let’s all grab as much life as we can today.

Labels:

Written by Unknown
4 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12