Thursday, November 30, 2006
Up, Down, but Mostly Up

The last few weeks came with its own set of highs and lows and without further delay, I bring you the last few weeks in bullets:

  • My mom (and her church crafting group) was honored as the donor of the year at a state developmental hospital for ten years of making and donating hand made Christmas gifts to the clients
  • My mom went into the hospital for pneumonia the next day
  • I spent four nights at the hospital with her (sheesh, they never let you sleep there)
  • One of my long lost friends called me while I was going to the hospital and offered to keep me company on the night shift (I told him to stay home, but the gesture was so thoughtful. Who does that?)
  • My mom came home from the hospital
  • We had a visit from my nephews John and Mark and Mark’s wife Kristin
  • We enjoyed a lovely and relaxing Thanksgiving holiday
  • My doggies were thoroughly spoiled for four days in a row
  • I met with my plastic surgeon and scheduled nipple reconstruction (signifying the beginning of the end of reconstruction)
  • My mom’s doctor proclaimed her lungs clear
  • I was appointed to an advisory council at a local community college
  • One of my dearest friends called to tell me he is flying in for a Christmas visit
  • Today my mom celebrates her 84th birthday

There are quite a few milestones there. I have had much for which to be thankful this season, but they all pale in comparison to the joy of celebrating my mom’s 84th year. She is an amazingly strong woman who continues to give of herself in every way possible. She is my hero, my inspiration, my friend, and one of the best huggers around. And darn it, she can still solve the word jumbles faster than I can most days!

Happy Birthday, Mom. Here’s to many, many more.

Labels: ,

Written by Unknown
5 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12