Monday, July 04, 2005
Independence Day
Let freedom ring,
Let the white dove sing,
Let the whole world know that
Today is a day of reckoning.

Let the weak be strong,
Let the right be wrong,
Roll the stone away,
Let the guilty pay,
It's independence day
. --Martina McBride
I am amazed at the response a little paragraph in a magazine has brought to Two Hands. If you are still wandering here via Parade magazine, welcome! Be sure and leave a comment or place your pin on my map, or send me an email and say hello. It is amazing how many people are linked through blogging. I have received so many wonderful emails, guest map entries, and comments. Thank you to everyone who has expressed their support and encouragement.

I can't believe it is already the 4th of July. I just came from a 4th of July Parade this morning and there were so many wonderful people enjoying the parade. This parade honored the families of those serving in the military. It was quite touching. There was also great music and great fun. Most importantly, there were a number of veterans marching in the parade (and this one is 2 miles long!). I was honored by their commitment, dedication, and respect for our country and our flag. What honorable men and women.

As much I write about and talk about breast cancer, I am taking a "normalcy" break. That's right. I'm off to have a family barbeque. Let freedom from cancer ring today. I'm taking a holiday. But I leave you with the last verse (did you know there are actually four?) of the National Anthem by Francis Scott Key. Have a great day today and enjoy the summer!

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved homes and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heaven-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, for our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner forever shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Written by Unknown
3 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12