Wednesday, November 09, 2005
A Community Journal Project

I have been focusing my attention and energy on launching a new project. A couple of months ago, I shared an exchange with Shelly at The Accidental Runner. The words we exchanged touched me and I kept thinking, too bad these words will be hidden in the archives. The exchange I shared with Shelly was not unlike previous exchanges with Cancer Baby, Rae, Louise, and so many others (there are, unfortunately, entirely too many of us). While I know that the Internet has vast reaches, I know that there is a definite group this does not reach. I have been trying to find a way to take some of our (we folks who blog about our cancer experiences) our shared experiences and make it more permanent and reach a broader group as well.

I have read some amazing, honest, real, touching, inspiring, and heartbreaking words posted by the people I include as "Cancer Connections" at the sidebar on the left. I wanted to find a way to make those words travel on something more than the Internet. I wanted to capture it the old fashioned way - pen to paper. This new project does just that and more.

The new project is called Traveling Hope. Traveling Hope is a wandering journal project wherein bound journals are circulated to people who have been touched by cancer (patients, survivors, caretakers, family members, medical providers, etc.). As the journals are filled and returned, they will become part of a traveling exhibit to bring awareness to cancer. Additionally, it is my hope to compile the entries and have one bound journal published and distributed free of charge to cancer patients (I'm close to landing a sponsor too!).

If you are reading this, have experienced cancer yourself or through someone you love, I hope you will consider participating in this project. Visit the Traveling Hope site for more information on how to participate. Our shared experiences will light the way for others.
Written by Unknown
5 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12