Thursday, April 21, 2005
Dark Cloud Overhead
I should have known. There is no escaping it. It was plain as the nose on my face. I never seem to realize what is happening until I pass the crest of the wave. There I sat, after a 12.5 hour day, trying to relax for moment, flipping channels looking for a mindless escape. Something made me stop and watch as Tyra stared down the last two girls hoping to go on to the next round. One cried in relief as her name was called, promising to do better and work harder. The other cried in disappointment now facing the door home. I cried in unison, feeling so sad for both, even though I have not seen either of them before.

Wait. Back up. I cried watching America’s Next Top Model? What?!?! Someone give me drugs now! Doctor, if you are reading this, my hormones are seriously off balance. This cannot be normal.

I continued to flip through the channels desperate for something to make me smile. Somehow, I found myself in tears again as Anwar was sent packing from American Idol. Though talented, he wasn’t one of my favorites. Then why was I crying? Why the heck was I so weepy over something so inconsequential in comparison to the other things going on in the world?

Who can go through life this way? Hormone changes, premature menopause, post-cancer trauma, whatever you call it. It must be fixed.

Again, doctor, if you are reading this, please call the pharmacy now. I’m on my way.
Written by Unknown
2 chimed in

Name: Jeannette
Location: Southern California, USA

This is my story about being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39. I thought I was out of the woods, but four years late it came back. This is my quest to be a two-time survivor.

E-mail me here
Please leave your mark
and sign my guestbook!



Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
I'm Too Young For This! Cancer Foundation
  • Click to join sistersinsurvivorship

    Click to join sistersinsurvivorship


  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from TwoHands-Jeannette. Make your own badge here.
  • © 2004 - 2009 by the author of Two Hands

    The contents of this website are protected by applicable copyright laws. All rights are reserved by the author.

    Disclaimer: This site does not provide medical or any other health care advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health professional. Two Hands does not guarantee the accuracy of content and is not responsible for information on any of the websites that are provided as links.

    Powered by Blogger



    Search For Blogs, Submit Blogs, The Ultimate Blog Directory






    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12